Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Beginnings

I'm not sure where it began.  Art has been a part of my childhood much like crayons and glue.  But now I've outgrown the play-dough and markers, and photography instead has filled their place.  Art has taken different forms in my life thus far, from painting and sculpting to computer and graphic design.  However none of these appealed to me as highly as photography.  
Maybe it's because I am capturing reality, unfettered and unedited through the camera's lens.  It trains my eye to see beauty in everything, breaking down my negativity and skepticism. Maybe it's because rather than sitting behind a computer screen or paint canvas, the world is my unending canvas and people my focus.  Whatever the case, and whatever the future holds, unless my God commands me otherwise, I'll keep carrying my camera at my side.

No comments: